Here is our Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender review.
Do you fancy yourself as a great home barista or cold drink mixologist? The Hamilton Beach Power Elite Multi-Function Blender is the perfect tool for your mixing concoctions. This is a powerful machine that is backed up by a 700 watt motor which can shake and blend fruits, milk and crushed ice into that refreshing smoothie or shakes.
✅The Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender Review
This machine is so easy to use. Put some liquid, crushed ice and chopped fruit and press the button. You have the option to press any of the 12 blender modes which offers you the best options for the type of drink you want. Aside from drinks, you can make sauces and purees with it. This is possible because of its’ unique Wave-Action function that sucks all ingredients toward the base then pushes it up through the blades.
Pouring the contents is not a messy thing because its spout has a cap to cover it. There is no clean from sills and drips when you use this blender. Cleaning up is a breeze because all you need to do is pop it in the dishwasher and turn it on. Once dry, you can attach the loose cord at the bottom to keep it from getting lost. This machine is a fool-proof tool to making your most refreshing drinks.
Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender Features
- Just like its’ brother the Hamilton Beach wave crusher multi-function blender, this is a powerful machine that produces 700 watts that can easily whiz anything into liquid form.
- It comes with a 12 mode blender option which allows the user to produce the type of consistency one desires.
- It has a one of a kind no-spill pouring system in which a hinged lid is attached to its spout thus eliminating the possibility of spillage and drips.
- It Wave-Action formula ensures that the ingredients are pureed to the right mode. This system pulls the ingredients down through the blades and pushes them back through it for a finer textured product.
- The blender weighs at a light 40 ounces and the jar can be washed in the dishwasher.
- A manual is supplied with the product which instructs the user on the proper care and storage of the blender.
How You Benefit From Owning The Hamilton Beach 58148A
This blender, which is related to the Hamilton Beach Power Elite Blender 58148, offers hassle free operations which produces the best quality shakes for you and your family. Although it is powerful enough to make good beverages and sauces, it might have difficulty in purifying tough ingredients like nuts and beans.
Glass jar blenders are normally heavy. Although this one is just 40 ounces in weight, it may still cause some problems for others with fragile hands. If that is the case, then a blender with a plastic jar is better for you. Unfortunately, blenders like these cost a lot more than the Hamilton Beach 58149 range of models.
With regards to washing the blender by hand, one can take out the bottom and wash it separately. However, for you to do this you must practice extra care since you will be in contact with the sharp blades of this blender.
There is a lot that you can do with this machine. However, with the limitations it has, this product cannot be used in a professional manner. You can definitely make a lot of shakes, smoothies, desserts purred fruits and vegetables and finely chop ingredients with it. However, if you wish to create powder forms of nuts and grains, then think again. You will probably need a more powerful machine that can pulverize dried ingredients. To successfully do this with this machine, you will to refer to the manual and look for the info regarding the liquid requirement for blending dried ingredients.
What can it blend?
As far as performance is concerned, there is no denying that this product does a good job with other ingredients, but underperforms with others. When it comes to blending leafy vegetables, the product struggles slightly as it needs some human assistance to push the leaves up and down and off the sides of the jar with the motor off. It is not advisable to perform human assistance with the motor running since you won’t be able to push the leaves down totally.
But if you are simply trying to make purees out of soft fruits and vegetables like mangoes and strawberries, the machine does a pretty decent job.
Can it be cleaned easily?
For the jar itself yes. If you have to clean the blades thoroughly from sticky ingredients, you can take the base off and run it through water. But you must only do this IF NECESSARY. The reason being is that you are exposing yourself to the dangers of accidentally touching the blades and might end up cutting yourself.
Can it be cleaned manually?
Yes it just like any blender out there where you can load it halfway with detergent dissolved in water and run the motor for a few seconds. As for the outside, you can just sponge it.
How long is the cord?
Great question. Unfortunately it does not go long at 2 feet. So you might need to put it in close proximity of an outlet.
Pros and Cons
- All of the texts on the machine are clear and readable. All of the prints on the machine are clearly visible.
- Reasonably priced. It is actually a steal to have a dependable blender at this price.
- It has a warranty of three years. This will certainly come in handy especially when repairs are needed
- Can make decent shakes and iced drinks. Makes good consistency when tasked to make iced beverages.
- Underachieves in processing green leafy vegetables. Fibrous vegetables such as spinach can be testy for this machine.
- The jar weighs a lot. At 40 ounces, carrying it may prove to be a chore.
- Struggles to blend hard and dry ingredients like dried spices and grains
- Makes a lot of noise. If you are the type who wants some quiet in the kitchen, then this is not for you.
✅Here Is Our Conclusion
Let’s wrap up this Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender review. It is certainly a good product to have if only you want a machine to produce a good decent iced drink that can also puree soft fruits. Aside from that, it is reasonably priced and is dishwasher safe. But for everything in between, this is just like the Oster 8 speed blender review which does a decent job on some tasks but then struggles mightily with others. As a whole, there are imitations to what it can do. For those looking for a home use blender, this would be the perfect choice because it would definitely fit their budget.