There seems to be quite the misconception about hand held blenders, immersion blender, hand held mixers and other kitchen tools.
Looking at some of the reviews of this immersion blender include being called different names — wand blenders, hand blenders, handheld blenders, even stick blenders.
The product is a hand held blender, not a mixer, but can also function as such. So, what is the difference between a blender and a mixer?
Before we proceed to reviewing the KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Hand Blender – Onyx Black, let us first understand the difference. Basically, a blender turns things into liquid. It’s great for making milkshakes or turning cooked apples into applesauce.
A mixer on the other hand combines ingredients. It does not turn solid ingredients into liquid. You can make batter, mayo, dough and other stuff that requires mixing. Obviously, bakers need mixers more compared to a blender.
Hand mixers and hand blenders have tasks in common or perform some similar functions. However, there are tasks you can only perform with either the mixer or blender.
An immersion blender or hand blender is a hand-held version of the blender which is more common as a countertop gadget. Compared to the countertop blenders, hand blenders are more versatile, but less powerful, since the motor isn’t as big or heavy.
With an immersion blender you can soften chunks in a soup while they are on the pot.
Now that we understand what to expect from these differentiated kitchen gadgets, let’s talk about the KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Hand Blender(Amazon Affiliate Link).
The KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Hand Blender – Onyx Black
The KHB2351OB is a kitchen tool that will allow you to blend, crush, chop, puree and whisk. You can make salsas, soups, salad dressings, and recipes with cooked beans, peas or similar vegetables.
In terms of using it, the three speeds allow you to work your way with different ingredients.
The KitchenAid Hand Blender also combined the functions of a hand blender and a hand mixer. It has a chopper attachment for processing harder ingredients such as nuts and crackers. It also has a whisk attachment for processing creams, eggs and so on.
Depending on what ingredients you are working with, you choose appropriate attachments and speed for the hand held blender.
KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Hand Blender Design Features
The KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Hand Blender has the following design features:
- Removable 8″ Blending Arm with Fixed Blade – Kitchenaid’s hand blender has a removable 8-inch Blending Arm. It comes with a fixed blade that locks into the motor body. It makes operation easier. With the stainless steel S-shaped fixed blade, you can quickly blend ingredients to make your favorite smoothies, milk shakes, soups or even baby food.
- Soft Grip Handle – A common problem with hand-held blenders or mixers is that it slips when you use it. It can be hard to handle. KitchenAid addressed this concern by adding a soft grip handle. Now, you won’t have to worry about comfort in using the The KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Hand Blender – Onyx Black(Amazon Affiliate Link). It is non-slip and extremely easy to manage while continuously blending ingredients.
- Whisk Attachment – Whipping eggs is now possible with a hand blender because of the Whisk Attachment. Simply attach the whisk and emulsify vinaigrettes and mayonnaise. The whisk adds function to the hand blender, allowing you to more than what you paid for.
- 2 1/2-Cup BPA-Free Chopper Attachment with Lid – The KitchenAid hand blender has a 2 1/2-Cup BPA-Free Chopper Attachment with lid lock. This allows you to chop all sorts of ingredients without making a mess. Perfect for chopping herbs, nuts and cheese. You can also chop cooked meat right in the convenient chopper bowl.
- 3-Cup BPA-Free Blending Jar with Lid – Although it is an immersion blender, it comes with a 3-Cup Blending Jar with Lid. This makes blending convenient and even easy to serve. It also allows easier storage in case you need the blended ingredients for later.
- Storage Bag – The blender comes with its own storage bag with pockets to accomodate attachments such as the blending arm and whisk.
- Dishwasher safe – Attachments are top rack, dishwasher safe, making cleaning a breeze.
Pros And Cons
- Attachments make the blender very versatile. The whisk allows you to whip eggs and make a batter. The choppers allows you to deal with tougher ingredients such as nuts and cheese to name a few. The removable blending arm can be locked into the motor body easily and allows you to blend ingredients faster and easier.
- Having an easy grip, soft handle allows non-slip operation while using the blender to blend ingredients.
- The three speed options come in handy and allow you to use the right amount of speed to work on specific ingredients.
- Made of heavy-duty metal.
- Does not heat up even after long operations.
- Storage bag is very useful in keeping the blender clean and safe.
- The mixing cup with lid is useful in blending ingredients without making a mess. It also becomes an extra storage for ingredients you will be using later on.
- The sharp edges of the blade’s housing, not the blade itself, scratches surface pots.
- Not all parts, especially the moving ones are not dishwasher safe and should be cleaned by hand.
- Only the attachments fit the storage bag and the hand blender itself. The containers will be hard to squeeze in.
- Base is heavier than expected. People who suffer from arthritis and other related diseases will have a hard time using the blender for long periods.
The KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Hand Blender – Onyx Black is surprisingly a sturdy, powerful tool with a robust motor and flexible when it comes to functions.
You won’t have to buy a mixer or chopper separately if you have the Kitchenaid KHB2351OB.
It is easy to use and the three speed options allows you to control the blender precisely how you want to use it.
The user manual not only instructs you how to use and maintain the immersion blender, but it also comes with delicious recipes that will certainly add more ideas when it comes to the great meals you can prepare with it. The recipes are an bonus that many buyers will surely appreciate.
It’s a must-have even for those who only cook during special occasions and holidays. It makes kitchen tasks so much easier to complete and it saves you money because of all its features and functions.
You don’t have to buy three separate kitchen gadgets like the mixer or chopper. You only the the KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Hand Blender.